May 1, 2023
Awarded every 2 years, beginning in 2019
Nominations must be submitted by the deadline noted above.
Before completing the online nomination form, please view the information on this page and prepare the Nomination Documents that you will need to submit as part of this application:
1. Letter of Nomination. The nominator must provide a signed letter of nomination explaining why the candidate is worthy of this award.
You may upload your signed letter of nomination in PDF format through the online application form. Or, you may send your signed letter via regular mail. Electronic submissions are preferred.
2. Letters of Support. Two letters of support are required for the nomination.
You may upload the signed letters of support in PDF format through the online application form. Or, you may send the letters via regular mail. Electronic submissions are preferred.
3. Nominee’s CV/Résumé. The nominee’s curriculum vitae or résumé must be submitted in electronic format with the application.
You must upload the nominee’s CV or résumé through the online application form. Please upload the document in PDF (preferred) or Word format.
To submit your nomination, please complete the Online Application.
The CAG believes that the study of unpaid care of older persons who require support is an important element of the contributions to care made by family members, friends, and others.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Must be a CAG member,
- Must be a scholar or student who has demonstrated excellence in conducting research on unpaid care in Canada (e.g., a published peer-reviewed paper, book chapter, book, policy document, etc.), and
- Must be recognized by CAG members as having demonstrated excellence in conducting research on unpaid care in Canada evidenced by letters of support.
Nomination and Decision Process
- A call for nominations will be sent to the CAG membership every two years, included in the usual yearly call for all CAG awards,
- Nominators must complete the nomination form,
- Nominators must submit at least two letters of support,
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae or résumé must be submitted in electronic format with the application, and
- The CAG Awards Committee will review nominations and make recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval.
Presentation of Award
- The recipient will receive a letter from the CAG President or Chair of the Awards Committee inviting the recipient to attend the CAG’s Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting where an official presentation of the award will be made, and
- An announcement will also be made in the CAG Newsletter.
Requirements of Recipient
- Recipient must submit a photo and a short biographical profile for the CAG Newsletter, and
- The recipient may be requested to present a brief oral address to the CAG membership at the Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting.