June 3, 2019
Nominations must be submitted by the deadline noted above.
Before completing the online nomination form, please prepare the Nomination Documents that you will need to submit as part of this application as indicated in the Application Process section below.
To submit your nomination, please complete the Online Application.
To recognize an outstanding new researcher in the field of aging whose contributions reflect their leadership potential in research.
- Member of the CAG for the last 2 years.
- Graduated with a PhD or research degree within the past 5 years.
- Currently engaged in research in either an academic institution or practice setting.
- Is recognized as having leadership potential in research.
- Proof of degree within the past 5 years
- Description of leadership potential in research and how the funds will be utilized (maximum 500 words)
- One letter of support (ex. from Dean or thesis supervisor) demonstrating leadership potential in research.
- Summary CV (maximum 5 pages)
- Budget justification (maximum 1 page)
- The Awards Committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors in July.
- The recipient will be notified in September.
Presentation of Award
- An announcement will be made in the CAG Newsletter.
- An official presentation will be made at the Annual Scientific and Education Meeting.
Requirements of the Recipient
- Recipient must submit a photo and a short biographical profile for the CAG Newsletter.
- Recipient must submit a final report to the CAG Awards Committee within 18 months following notification of award. The report should include a 1-page summary of work completed during the tenure of the award.
- The support provided by the CAG must be acknowledged in any papers that are presented or published as a result of the work undertaken with this award.