April 30, 2016
Please review the information on this page before beginning your application. Applications must be received by the deadline indicated above. Applications require two (2) components:
1. Submission of the online application form
Before beginning your online submission, please download and prepare the “Applicant Information” document.
If applicable to your application, you will also be required to upload your thesis or research proposal in PDF (preferred) or Word format.
2. Submission of supporting documentation by regular mail
One (1) original version of each of the following documents is required:
- All university transcripts;
- Proof of registration, or acceptance in a university program;
- A letter of support from your faculty supervisor;
These documents must be sent by regular mail; more information is provided in the online application.
To start your application, please access the Online Application Form.
Application form will be available shortly.
To support post-baccalaureate students registered in a program of study focused on aging or the aged.
- Must be a CAG member.
- Must be registered, or formally accepted, as a full-time student in a post-baccalaureate program at a recognized Canadian university at the time the application is submitted and must provide proof of registration for the next academic year.
- Must be Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status.
- All disciplines are eligible firstly based on academic merit among students demonstrating financial need.
- The Awards Committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors in June.
- The recipient will be notified in July.
Presentation of Award
- An announcement will be made in the CAG Newsletter.
- An official presentation will be made at the Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting.
Requirements of Recipient
- Recipient must submit a photo and a short biographical profile for the CAG Newsletter.
- Recipients must submit a final report to the CAG Donald Menzies Bursary Committee within 18 months following notification of the award. The report should include a summary of work completed during the tenure of the award.
- The support provided by the CAG Donald Menzies Bursary must be acknowledged in any papers that are presented or published as a result of work undertaken during the period of support.